Off the Grid is moving full steam ahead in Menlo Park, with a launch date set for Wednesday, Feb. 19. Despite vehement opposition from many local business owners, no one filed to appeal the Planning Commission's decision to bring the Bay Area-wide food truck operation to Menlo Park.
Ten trucks will be serving up opening night eats:
- El Sur (Argentine-style empanadas)
- Me So Hungry (sliders, burgers, fries)
- Gold Rush Eatery (burgers, barbecue)
- Sam's ChowderMobile (seafood)
- The Chairman Truck (Taiwanese baos, or steamed or baked buns with fillings)
- The Boneyard (barbecue)
- Hiyaaa (Asian-fusion sandwiches)
- The Waffle Roost (chicken and waffles, plus Southern-style sides)
- Blendid (organic milkshakes)
- Kara's Cupcakes (the name says it all)
They'll all be at the Menlo Caltrain station parking lot (Merrill Street and Ravenswood Avenue) from 5 to 8 p.m.