Police chase, arrest armed felon on Mora Drive

Original post made on Oct 10, 2013

After a short chase on foot, Mountain View officers arrested a parolee suspected of carrying a loaded firearm and attempting to siphon gas from parked cars on Monday, Oct. 7, police said.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, October 10, 2013, 12:00 PM

Posted by Sparty, a resident of another community
on Oct 10, 2013 at 2:22 pm

" seemingly innocuous incident"

Stealing gas is now considered innocuous by the Mountain View Police

Posted by Steve, a resident of another community
on Oct 10, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Yes, they're focusing on more serious crimes, like California stops.

Posted by Moron, a resident of Jackson Park
on Oct 10, 2013 at 4:19 pm

If your going to siphon gas why not do it in the middle of the night not the middle of the day?

Posted by permanent, a resident of Sylvan Park
on Oct 14, 2013 at 9:51 am

Last 2 posts on Facebook:

"I want to be a millionaire so freakin bad."
"step your game up or step down.. get paid or get out the way.. money makes the world go around..®"

And being arrested for carrying .22 and stealing gas, seriously?

Posted by Rog, a resident of another community
on Oct 14, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Hey, how about some kudos for the MV cops for getting this guy? He was on parole,committing a crime, probably on meth, and............ in possession of a loaded gun. Seems like they did a great job to me.

Posted by Just Pass'n Thru, a resident of Cuesta Park
on Oct 17, 2013 at 10:04 pm

I am thankful for the MVPD. They are doing a great service. I appreciate their pro-active enforcement. I will say though,they have made me paranoid.... Every time I pass-thru a cross-walk on Castro, I am looking at both ends to see if a pedestrian is crossing.(Sure do not want to get a ticket) I would rather have a visible, pro-active law enforcement, that is genuinely concerned about its citizens. Just look at some of the neighboring communities and compare the crime rates...Keep up the good work..