Police break up suspected gang fight

Original post made on Aug 14, 2013

Three teens, two of them juveniles, were arrested in Mountain View on the evening of Aug. 12 for allegedly participating in a suspected brawl between rival gangs, a spokesman with the Mountain View Police Department said.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Wednesday, August 14, 2013, 5:22 PM

Posted by AC, a resident of Shoreline West
on Aug 14, 2013 at 9:40 pm

Castro st. or Castro park?

Posted by Cg, a resident of Whisman Station
on Aug 14, 2013 at 9:54 pm

Whisman park, I was there and saw the whole thing. Pretty pathetic kids

Posted by Jack, a resident of Jackson Park
on Aug 14, 2013 at 9:55 pm

THis is very confusing. It says Castro St. then it says "the park" without identifying which one then it says Castro Park.

Posted by Observer, a resident of Old Mountain View
on Aug 14, 2013 at 11:18 pm

Gangs? In Mountain View?

Farms? In Berkeley?

Posted by Boxer, a resident of Gemello
on Aug 15, 2013 at 5:52 am

I watched as many seemingly effeminate boys flailed their arms wildly at each other. I can't see how anyone would have gotten hurt from the way those little boys tried to fight(dance with each other?). I guess when they realized that, they had no power, they decided to throw stuff...I had an ex-girlfriend who acted the same way.
Tough kids (LOL)

Posted by Cg, a resident of Whisman Station
on Aug 15, 2013 at 8:35 am

I agree with Boxer actually. If those are gang members, Hollywood has way oversold things.

I watched them run from the cops at the end, being at least 40 pounds overweight and struggling to hold up their oversized pants, huffing and puffing. A pretty sad sight to say the least

Posted by chuck mangione, a resident of Shoreline West
on Aug 15, 2013 at 10:11 am

chuck mangione is a registered user.

Reminds me of that classic Ice Cube rap song about tennis rackets.

Posted by Flava Dave, a resident of Shoreline West
on Aug 15, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Flava Dave is a registered user.

Wanna be gang members sometimes turn into bona fide gang members

To post your comment, please click here to login

Remember me?
Forgot Password?

Indian street food and ... bitcoins?

Most Seniors do not Need Senior Housing But Could Benefit from other Choice to Remain in Palo Alto
By Steve Levy | 31 comments | 1,465 views

"The Galapagos Affair: Satan Came to Eden"
By Anita Felicelli | 0 comments | 1,147 views

Dear Chandrama, Everywhere I turn . . .
By Chandrama Anderson | 2 comments | 854 views